Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 12 - More Mushroom Collisions

Today I added collision detection between objects so now everything on screen can play nicely with each other. I of course ran into some snags along the way which always seems to happen when I move code around. I also spend a good bit of time modifying my spritesheet to include big Mario and fire Mario. I finally got everything working but when I ran the game the mushroom didn't appear. I debug and see that it spawns properly, slowly rising out of the question mark brick, but nothing appears on screen. I didn't modify the code which draws items on the screen but threw in some breakpoints just to be check. Sure enough it is drawing properly.

This issue has to wait until tomorrow because I can't stay up any longer messing with it. Tiredness is not helping me program successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment