Sunday, June 24, 2012

Booting Up, Please Wait...

This blog is my motivation.



I have been procrastinating a lot recently and had a reality check last night. I've already decided that I'm not going to be an assistant teacher forever and I need to start working towards my future. As of 5 months ago I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life and as such spent every extra minute studying Japanese. I finished the advanced course offered by the JET program and decided to stop. Unfortunately the free time I now had went into unproductive activities like playing video games. This needs to stop.


It has been my lifelong dream to create video games. I messed around with the idea in high school. I got a degree in Computer Science. I spent my free time at work dabbling in XNA. Now I'm stuck as an assistant teacher which I love but is not a career path. This position offers no advancement, no raises, and no promotions. I sign a yearly contract to continue doing the same thing I'm doing now. 


I need some sort of motivation to keep me going. In the past I've always started a new project, started learning some basic concepts, started digging deeper, but nothing was ever finished. I need to see this through to completion and this blog is my motivation. I will post my ideas and how I execute them every day from this day onward until I leave Japan. 


I promise myself that in 1 years time I will become a video game developer.


Signed: Jon Slabaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment