Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We Have Animation

Today I dove right in and created new classes for sprites and animations. Everything that has only 1 frame (such as Mario standing still) will be a sprite, and everything else will be an animation. Along with that I needed to add Mario's current state so the game knows if he is walking, running, dying, ect. It was rather easy to hook up.

Unfortunately I spent the majority of my time today trying to create a sprite sheet. I found out that specifying individual pixels for each sprite was rather annoying, so I broke up everything into 16x16 pixel pieces. Everything in the game can be broken up into these blocks which I will use for my advantage later on. I may eventually create some sort of image packer program to streamline the process, but I'm not too worried about that right now. It will become more necessary as the number of sprites increase.

Here's the end of the day progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment