Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Do Indeed Work Best in the Morning

I decided to slowly adjust my sleep schedule in order work on this game in the morning instead of late at night. I realized that after work I just don't have the energy or willpower to do anything productive. Instead I would like to spend the time relaxing, making dinner, playing video games... Waking up at 5am gives me a solid 2.5 hours to work before work. The only problem is I feel like an old geezer.

Today I implemented a sound manager and inserted music from Mario RPG. It begins playing as soon as the game starts and loops indefinitely. Next up I added some blocks to the screen. Currently my implementation is awful because I have to manually set which pixel on screen I want each block to draw. I want to create a level manager that reads a text file and creates a level based on that. Finally, I added a gravity component so that Mario is constantly falling. Once I implement collision detection with the blocks, he will have a nice platform to stand on.


No comments:

Post a Comment